Here’s how to download photos and videos from a WhatsApp status
Photo by Anton from Pexels
WhatsApp statuscan be downloaded using two simple methods on your Android phone.
- You can use Google Files to access hidden WhatsApp files on your phone and save statuses.
- Alternatively, you can use a third party app Status Saver to download WhatsApp status updates.
AdvertisementSince its launch in 2017, people use WhatsApp statuses to share their thoughts, updates and some entertaining posts. It is similar to sharing stories on Instagram and Snapchat as they all disappear automatically in 24 hours.
There are several instances when we like someone’s WhatsApp status but are not aware of how to save them on our device. Since we cannot download the statuses directly from the app, we ask our friends to send the raw video or photo so that we can share them with others. Some of us use the screenshot tool to save a photo and the screen recorder to capture the video posted as a WhatsApp status.
What if there was a simple method to save photos and videos from someone’s WhatsApp status? Well, here are some easy steps which you can follow to download WhatsApp status on your Android device.
Download whatsapp status using Files by Google
- Download Google Files via Play Store.
- Tap on the Menu at the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Turn on ‘Show Hidden Files’.
- Go to the File manager of your device and navigate to Internal Storage>WhatsApp>Media>Statuses.
- Here you can view the files of all the status that you have seen on WhatsApp.
- Tap on the desired image or video you wish to save.
- Long press to save the selected item, by choosing your desired location such as the Camera, WhatsApp Images and Downloads.
Download statuses using Status Saver
- Download Status Saver from Play Store.
- You can view all the status you have seen.
- Select the image or video that you wish to download and tap on the Save icon.
- The saved media will be stored in the internal storage of the phone.
Here’s how to share location on WhatsApp
How to set up and use the Alexa app on your iPhone
How to size and upload a YouTube banner to give your channel custom art
Popular on BI
- Women’s Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to the women in your lives
- iPhone SE 3 could be the cheapest iPhone ever – price, features and everything we know so far
- Anna Sorokin's real-life friend Neff Davis opens up about the 'racist' comments she's gotten from people who think she 'kissed Anna's ass too much'
- Here are the women who lead India’s billion dollar startups
- Over 179 crore Covid vaccine doses administered in India so far: Govt
- Women’s Day 2022: These are the top 10 richest Indian women
- International Women's Day: Kerala to get first lady ambulance driver
- Here is how Indian women have been investing and spending their hard-earned money