Finnish cross-country skier suffers 'frozen' penis while competing in Olympic race
- Cross-country skier Remi Lindholm, 24, competed in a 30km race at the
Winter Olympicson Saturday.
- Lindholm told Finnish media his penis became frozen during the race, according to Reuters.
Finnish cross-country skier Remi Lindholm experienced a "frozen" penis while competing in an Olympic race,Reutersreports.
Lindholm spoke about the issue with the media following the men's 30km mass start race at theBeijing Winter Olympicson Saturday, according to Reuters.
Although organizers delayed the race by an hour and cut the distance from 50km down to 30km due to weather conditions, Reuters reported, the 24-year-old spent just under 76 minutes skiing in "howling, freezing winds."
"You can guess which body part was a little bit frozen when I finished," Lindholm told Finnish media, according to Reuters. "It was one of the worst competitions I've been in. It was just about battling through."
"When the body parts started to warm up after the finish, the pain was unbearable," he said, according to Reuters.
According to Reuters, it's not the first this has happened to Lindholm, who experienced a similar incident during a 2021 competition in Ruka,
At this year's race, Lindholm finished in 28th place out of 61 competitors with a completion time of 1:15:55:6, according tostatistics published on the official Olympics website.
Alexander Bolshunov and Ivan Yakimushkin of the Russian Olympic Committee came in first and second place, respectively, while Simen Hegstad Krueger of Norway took home the bronze medal.
Lindholm also competed in the men's15km classicand the men's15km + 15km skiathlonat this year's Winter Olympics, coming in 45th place out of 99 competitors and 25th place out of 70 competitors, respectively.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai says he uses NSDR, or 'non-sleep deep rest,' to unwind. Here's what it is and how it works.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly looking to leave Manchester United to join Messi and Neymar at Paris Saint-Germain
- 3 Russian billionaires resign from board of $22 billion investment firm LetterOne after it locked out 2 Russian oligarchs over the invasion of Ukraine
- Punjab Elections 2022: Former CM Captain Amarinder Singh loses Patiala seat
- Samsung Galaxy S22 series, Pixel 6 affected by severe ‘Dirty Pipe’ vulnerability that lets hackers intercept WhatsApp messages, SMS and more
- PUBG maker Krafton leads $19.5 million funding round in Indian audio content platform Kuku FM
- India is likely to promote UPI, Rupay to de-risk itself, says Motilal Oswal report
- Sony suspends PlayStation store, console sales in Russia