Coinbase hires former Google Pay exec to lead India ops, is hiring aggressively and looking for startup acquisitions
cryptocurrency firmhas hired Pankaj Gupta, Google Pay’s engineering lead in India and Asia Pacific, as the VP of engineering and site lead for India.
- Gupta took to Twitter to announce his appointment and said that he will be “responsible for leading and building from scratch the company's technology hub in India.”
- The company is now aggressively
hiring in Indiaand has openings for product and engineering roles.
AdvertisementCoinbase, valued at $64 billion, is making its way into the Indian market and has hired a former
Gupta took to social media to announce his appointment and said that he will be “responsible for leading and building from scratch the company's technology hub in India.”
Life Update ��!After ~4 wonderful years leading Google Pay Engg in India and APAC, I am leaving Google at the end… https://t.co/yP0F1Gqb0B— Pankaj Gupta (@pankaj)1618976976000
The cryptocurrency exchange recently made a blockbuster debut in the US stock market.
“We expect to open a physical office, initially in Hyderabad, for Indian employees as COVID-related conditions allow,” the company had said in ablog.
The company is now aggressively hiring in India and has openings for product and engineering roles. “India has world-class tech expertise and some of the brightest minds in the industry. Coinbase plans to tap and develop this local talent. The plan is to hire hundreds of employees, across all levels in Eng, PM & UX (engineering, product management and user experience) within the next 1–2 years to build out a full tech hub,” wrote Gupta on Twitter.
Gupta also added that Coinbase’s India expansion plans could also look at some possible acquisitions. “To support our ambitious growth plans in India, we will also explore startup acquisitions and acquihires,” he wrote.
Apple AirTag, iPad Pro, new iMac with M1 chip India pricing and availability details
SaaS startup Chargebee is the 11th unicorn of 2021 and the sixth for Tiger Global this year alone
Popular on BI
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne康威说她的丈夫是作弊tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani